By Daniel A. Stout
Communication is on the center of all religions. As a vital element of faith, communique happens among believers, among non secular leaders and fans, among proponents of other faiths, or even among practitioners and the deities. the will to speak with in addition to convert others is usually a side of a few of the world's significant religions.
The Encyclopedia of faith, communique, and Media explores all different types of spiritual conversation around the world and traditionally, with a unique emphasis on oral and written varieties of verbal exchange. This A-Z geared up reference paintings analyzes how and why the world's religions have used assorted technique of communications via issues dealing with:
- Theory and ideas in non secular communique, together with rhetoric, persuasion, functionality, brainwashing, and more
- Forms of verbal verbal exchange, reminiscent of chanting, talking in tongues, preaching, or praying
- Forms of written verbal exchange, reminiscent of spiritual texts, parables, mystical literature, and glossy Christian publishing
- Other varieties of conversation, together with artwork, movie, and sculpture
- Religious conversation in public lifestyles, from information insurance and political messages to media evangelism and the digital church
- Communication tactics and their results on non secular conversation, together with non-sexist language, communique competence, or interfaith dialogue
- Biographies of significant spiritual communicators, together with Muhammad, Jesus, Aristotle, Gandhi, and Martin Luther
From the presence of faith on the net to the results of spiritual ideals on well known ads, conversation and media are essential to faith and the expression of spiritual trust. With its overseas and multicultural insurance, this Encyclopedia is an important and exact source for students, scholars, in addition to the final reader attracted to faith, media, or communications.